1975 Ford F350 Coil Wiring Diagram

Joined

·

510 Posts

Discussion Starter · #1 ·

So I am trying to fire up a 1975 302 engine outside of the car since that's all I got, I don't have the car, never seen it. The problem is that my coil has no wires comming off of it so could someone please tell me what loose wires I need to connect to it.

I recon the one from the negative will go to the distributor, what color is that one? I see three wires coming off of my distributor but I don't remember the colors.

And the positive one goes to the battery positive, or is something in between that I am missing?

Here is a basic ford ignition system diagram that I found.

  • Diagram

    65.2 KB Views: 61,335

Joined

·

510 Posts

Discussion Starter · #2 ·

well this is pathetic I am replying to my own post, but hey at least I have discovered and learned something, I have a breakerless distributor (in other words I have three wires coming off of my distributor instead of just one) yes that is not a technical explanation but it's for newbies like me, so now I know that I need an amplifier module aka ignition module to plug my distributor into first instead of connecting it directly to the ignition coil, but since I don't even have a bad one to get a part number off of I am SOL unless someone out there can help me

here is an picture of a typical ford ignition system with a breakerless distributor, there are a few extra bits than in the basic one above

  • Text Auto part Line art Diagram

    78.3 KB Views: 155,612

Joined

·

99 Posts

You need the factory Duraspark ignition unit. There is a lot of Duraspark info on the web, including more detailed wiring diagrams.

Ford used the Duraspark unit on most of its cars and trucks from 1975 through at least 1980, so you should be able to find one in a junk yard. Grab the coil and harness that goes with it, but make sure it matches the plug on your distributor.

Joined

·

510 Posts

Discussion Starter · #4 ·

looks like I need one of these coil clips and one of these ignition modules like 79CobraII stated

  • Line art Font Illustration Drawing Art

    22.8 KB Views: 10,834

  • Brass instrument

    17 KB Views: 19,543

75Mach1

Joined

·

15 Posts

I have literally a pile of Duraspark II modules that came with a 76 Cobra II that I bought and decided was too much of a POS to try to recover. I was told that they were good, and I would imagine out of the 7 or 8 that I have that one of them has to be good. If you're interested, shoot me an offer and you can have the whole lot of them, the one in mine is good, and if it goes bad, I'm planning on taking my MSD 6A off the shelf and putting it in the Mach 1.

75Mach1

Joined

·

15 Posts

The "horseshoe" connector really isn't necessary either...you could completely just wrap the wires around the coil posts and it would work just fine. I've owned a few Fords where it has been cut off to install a Blaster coil or something.

Joined

·

510 Posts

Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I have literally a pile of Duraspark II modules that came with a 76 Cobra II that I bought and decided was too much of a POS to try to recover. I was told that they were good, and I would imagine out of the 7 or 8 that I have that one of them has to be good. If you're interested, shoot me an offer and you can have the whole lot of them, the one in mine is good, and if it goes bad, I'm planning on taking my MSD 6A off the shelf and putting it in the Mach 1.

If you also have some wiring harnesses that go with it I would be interested, maybe you can shoot me a picture, being annal I like to have the plugs click in to each other, instead of cutting wires, but that may change as I seek therapy, jk

75Mach1

Joined

·

15 Posts

I dug them out of the storage bin in my garage. I actually have six of them. At least two of the modules have perfect clips, and some of them have one busted, but it shouldn't be hard to splice the connector over. Three are Motorcraft, and three a generic brands. I also have quite a few distributors in various states, two of which have intact connectors. I don't have any use for any of them, and not really interested in rebuliding distributors since I have a Mallory ready for it. Here's some pictures, tell me what you think.

Electronics Technology Electronic device Wire Electrical wiring Auto part Metal

cartel

Joined

·

132 Posts

Posted by: omegasangallier.blogspot.com

Source: https://www.allfordmustangs.com/threads/1975-mustang-302-no-wires-on-my-coil-so-which-ones-do-i-need.224226/

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Plumbing Pipe Cover Enclosure : getoffmylawn maxwell_graf on Plurk | Covered boxes ... : Maybe you would like to learn more about one of these?

12X24 Floor Tile Herringbone Pattern : c1ccae2abfc9abea2b1712d07475df6b.jpg (480×640) | Kitchen ... - There's something pretty classy about herringbone floors.

Ceramic Gloss Tiles White - Brillo Blanco Bathroom Wall Tiles 20x30cm White Ceramic Gloss Tile 1 Sqm Amazon Co Uk Diy Tools : Check spelling or type a new query.